Hello to anyone who is still with me. I am here. Promise. I really need to be more diligent about writing. Even if no one is in fact reading, I need to commit to the writing portion so that my dreams of business ownership don’t die on me.
It’s easy to let those things go by the wayside. Life can get in the way. Or shall I say grown up stuff gets in the way. I have a job. It isn’t my dream job. But I am grateful nonetheless to have one. I am a creative person. I need to create things, to watch things come alive. To see them blossom. I am trying to be more “Sara” this year and forward, so in focusing on being my true authentic self…I wrote out a list of things that I want to accomplish before I turn 40. Shhh, don’t talk about it. I am completely in denial that I am even close to this number, but hey–guess what? I am. It seems like yesterday I was turning 30. What happened to those years? Why did I do nothing important, sacred or meaningful with those years? It is totally true what women say that they were more in touch with themselves and confident at 30 over 20 and age 40 over 30. I am finding that to be more and more true as each day passes.
I no longer fret so much about what people think of me, and more of what I think of other people. I have removed toxic people from my life and allowed people that I find inspiring to fill it. I am getting better every day at identifying those toxic relationships before they flourish and putting a serious HOLD on them and that would never have happened in my 20’s.
Ok, so I should get back to my list. I am trying this whole free-writing angle now and again–if you read it awesome. If not, that’s fine too, since this is really more for me at this point than any of you out there. If it touches a nerve or shall I say a sweet spot, lovely. I hope I can help. That’s my true self. Helping people.
So, I would love to say that I feel comfortable broadcasting my list out into the inter-web, but I am not sure I do. There are a few things on there that I would like to leave to myself and/or my husband but then again, I am not really one to hide things. OK, fine. You convinced me. I am going to publish this for all to reach and hold me accountable for my list.
Here we go.
No nasty comments.
Here it is folks.
- Fit comfortably into a size 12 or less—and STAY there
- Have another baby
- Take up Hot Yoga on a regular Mon-Fri basis
- Quit my Insurance Job
- Start my own business
- Travel to New Mexico
- Publish my book on “beauty/photography”
- Go on a Classic American Road Trip with Martin
- Take Pole dancing classes
Go vegetarian for 30 days***Update—6 days down….***
- Go to Italy
- Plan and have my “summit” event
- Visit Thailand
- Run a marathon
- Go to an actual Meditation class
- Go to the South—Georgia
- Read all of the books in my book shelf that I
bought for myself to read
- Go on a mission trip
- Swim with a dolphin
- Kiss Martin behind a waterfall
- Read the Bible
Watch the sunrise in a warm, peaceful place with
Martin **technically we did this on our honeymoom several times–I think that counts!
- Learn to speak French again
- Take a Tantric Class with Martin
- Pay off Credit Cards
- Participate in a Cancer Fundraising walk—the
- Go to Paris with Martin
Find Perfect shade of red lipstick
- Teach a class on meditation and self esteem
- Plan a girls only vacation
- Go on hot air balloon ride
- Feed the alligators a chicken
- Watch the sharks in a shark cage-exotic trip
included in this one with Martin
- Redesign The Pear Mercantile
Stop drinking Coke
- Ride the scooters in Palm Springs
- Drive/Ride in a dune buggy
- Have a family photo taken that I am in love with
- Learn Web design and graphic design